Out-of-state samples are accepted!
Effective May 1st - most prices will increase.
Routine Diagnosis, $50
- Traditional methods of symptom analysis and microscopic examination.
- Certain serological tests are included when applicable.
Routine Diagnosis plus culture / serological, $65
- Fees may vary if additional specialized media is required.
- Serological fees vary by number of samples and number of tests per sample
Oak Disease Analysis (white and bur), $80
- Examination of foliage and bark for diseases and pests
- Removing bark to check for insect tunnels
- Wood culture* and DNA test for Oak Wilt**
*Wood cultures typically take 1-2 weeks.
**Current research recommends DNA testing for white and bur oaks. DNA testing is also recommended for red oaks that have dry wood and/or many insect tunnels.
Tree wilt tests by wood culture, $65
- Dutch Elm Disease
- Verticillium wilt
- Red Oak for Oak Wilt
Nematode Analysis, $50
- Identification and count of plant parasitic nematodes for all commercial crops.
Virus Analysis (Some tests are currently unavailable - call before sending)
- ELISA and many other serological virus tests are available, starting at $45
- Not available - Transmission electron microscopy (TEM), $115
- Not available - Immunosorbent electron microscopy (ISEM), $115
Turf Disease Diagnosis (currently unavailable)
If you need turf disease diagnosis, please check with the University of Wisconsin Madison Turfgrass Diagnostic Lab
Molecular Diagnostics: Please contact the Clinic for specific information and fees ($100 minimum). There are discounts for multiple samples.
- DNA and RNA based assays
- DNA sequencing and sequence analysis
Testing Seeds for Storage Mold, $75
- Identification of storage molds on APDA and salt media.
For information on other tests, projects, or specific sampling requirements contact: Plant Disease Clinic 612-625-1275
Please note: To comply with federal policy, we cannot accept marijuana samples.